Monday, February 21, 2005

My First Family Vacation

This weekend my family went on something called 'vacation'. Mom and Dad were really excited about it because Mom says we are all pretty stressed. So we were going to go to a place called Bend so that we could relax. I don't know where Bend is, except that it's what Dad says over and over when I want to stand up but he wants me to sit down.

Apparently to get to Bend you have to put everything that you own into your car and drive for a hundred years over a thousand mountains. I decided that this was a perfect time to take a nap. Normally I would have some fun with Mom and Dad be screaming my head off and listening to them make the sound, "Rrrrrrr!!!". But vacation sounded interesting so I thought I'd be on my best behaviour just in case something cool was happening.

When we got to Bend there was snow all over the ground. I've only seen snow once. It's really cold stuff that you have to sit in and take pictures. Anyway it was everywhere and I wasn't too thrilled about it. But I didn't want to disappoint Mom and Dad so I gave a lot of spontaneous laughs and smiles. (Did you know I have two teeth?) They bought it.

Dad and I dropped Mom off at the spa for a 2 hour manicure/pedicure/massage treatment. It was a gift from Dad. Whenever he told her about it a week ago she flipped out about it because it cost a lot of money, but later when Dad had left for school she started dancing around the house and singing, "I'm going to the Spaaaaaa. I'm going to the Spaaaaaa." After we dropped her off Dad and I went to the condo to fix dinner and watch the NBA Allstar game. We bet on them game and now I owe him $100,000 because Ray Allen couldn't hit enough 3-pointers *sigh*.

Later, after we had picked up Mom, my friend Jessica Turner and her family showed up. While Mom and Dad and Jessica's parents all ate dinner Jessica and I threw, spat, and rubbed food everywhere. I think the adults really liked it because they got really excited and it was all they talked about during dinner.

Whenever Dad and I were unpacking I spotted a Jacuzzi bathtub in the master bedroom. So Jessica and I decided that it would be a good idea to splash around a bit before bed. BUT this was just a warm-up for the highlight of the whole trip. The next morning we got to go swimming. It was my first time but I caught on quickly. I splashed around with Dad and Jessica and her parents in the big pool. It was a good time up until a lady who worked at the pool came and told us we had to move to the kiddie pool. (I think it's because Dad isn't a very good swimmer).

So that was my first vacation! Another 100 years and one thousand mountains later and we were home. I was so happy to see all my toys again. Even though the drive was long, I had a really good time. Mom was right.... we were too stressed and we needed to relax! So I'm going on vacation again tomorrow.

-Taylor Marie Young

0 comments: