Wednesday, January 10, 2007

VITA-MIX BLENDER!!!

One of the best Christmas gifts we got this year was a Vita-Mix blender from my folks. For those of you that know what this is, you know how awesome it is. For those of you that don't, think Jamba Juice or something of that sort. It's the blenders that they use to mix up some of your favorite treats. Well so needless to say, we were pretty pumped about this. It has totally changed the way we eat. See I am one who has to have a treat every evening. It may be cookies, some cake, ice cream or a mix of all three :) Well we have begun concocting up some of our favorite treats with this blender. We all sorts of fruits and veggies. We've made several smoothies, soups and even pancake batter. It's amazing what this thing does. You put in cold stuff and it makes it colder. You put in hot stuff and it makes it hotter. WAY NEAT!!! Anyways, one of my friends suggested that I try a smoothie that her daughter loves and she loves to give to her. I call it the Green Smoothie.


So this is what it looks like (the blender that is). In the green smoothie I put: 1 pear, 1avacado, 1 apple, 8 ice cubes, 1 can pineapple, 2 cups green spinach (the leafy kind), 1 scoop soy protien powder and about 1 cup of whatever juice I have in the fridge. This makes enough for a big glass for both Jason and I and then a sippy cup for each of the girls.


The Vita-Mix does a great job of crushing everything to a pulp so there is no...pulp :)


Rilee LOVES it!


Taylor asked for more when hers was gone...so as the mother, I had to share mine :)


One of my favorite features of this Vita-Mix is that it is it's own dishwasher. I put in 5 cups of hot water and some dish soap. Turn it on high for about 2 min, rinse off the soap and air dry. THAT'S IT!!

Anyways, just thought I'd share. I recommend it to anyone and everyone. Who would have thought that kids would want to eat all these fruits and veggies...it's all in what's mixed with it right??!?!!

3 comments:

Julia said...

Mandy, We have had our Vita Mix for about 4 years. We use every day usually 2 times a day. We LOVE that thing. In the summer we eat almost all of our meals out of it. Our kids are smoothie kids. If you want to know any secret recipes let me know. It can make some really good peanut butter. It's the gift that keeps on giving!!-Julia

Jessica and Tyler said...

THE VITA MIXER HAS CHANGED MY LIFE! Haha. Just kidding. Although I do miss my smoothies every morning while I watched Regis and Kelly. But that "green smoothie" looks DI-SGUSTING. I'm sorry, but I don't think some of those ingredients should even be allowed to touch on a plate, let alone, mashed together. BUT, if you and your little ones are all for it, then by all means! :)And I love the pictures. How did I get such cute cousins? I really didn't expect them to take after me like they did. Oh, and I have cute pics from Macoroni Grill too. I'll email them!

Goodman Family said...

Yep...this is what I was looking for! Kaylee needs some good stuff since she won't eat anything. Hey where did you get the soy protein?