Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Tay-Tay's Waterfront Adventure

This week Daddy went to Washington DC. We didn't get to see him for four whole days. It was fun because I got to spend a lot of time with Mom and my Grandma Freeda. We even went all the way to a place called Roseburg to see my Aunt Drea, Uncle Kent, and my cousins Gage, Jessica and Bryce (who is my personal favorite). But we missed Daddy and I think that he missed us too. So, on Sunday I decided to pack Mom and Dad in the car and take us all down to the waterfront for a little bit of fun.

We parked the car on SW Taylor St (what a great name for a street!) in downtown Portland and set out for our adventure. It was a very sunny and nice day so there were a lot of people and dogs in the park there. I had lots of stuff to look at so I was very busy. I looked at the water. I looked at the buildings. I looked at some boats. I looked at the people too. Some people were playing the drums in the park and I was really diggin it. Mostly it was fun to just spend some time with Mom and Dad though.

At one point I saw a bottle floating up the river. I bet there was a message in it but Dad wouldn't let me jump in and get it. So I had to look around for another type of adventure. Off in the distance I spotted it. A group of tents! Dad says that he likes to camp so I thought that it would be fun to see what that was all about. When we walked over to the tents we discovered that the people weren't camping at all. It was a place called the Portland Saturday Market. I guess they do it on Sunday too.

There were so many interesting things to look at. I saw hats, and stars, and books, and art. All of it was very good stuff. We didn't buy anything because it was Sunday and God doesn't like us to go shopping on Sunday but we sure had fun looking around. In fact we had so much fun that I got really tired and had to go home. Next time we'll go back on a Saturday because I want to buy my dad a tye-dye shirt and some hemp sandals for Mom.

-Taylor Marie Young

0 comments: