So last time I posted I kinda whined about the girls being sick. I forgot to mention what an amazing opportunity this gave me to get to know my second child. Rilee recovered from the sickness much quicker than Taylor. So we had a couple days together to play just her and I, one on one while Taylor was napping. I discovered so many wonderful things about her. She is TOTALLY HILARIOUS! She cracks me up. Her personality is one that she is fairly quite, but given the chance and a few tickles, she completely lets loose.
I never realized that since she was born, I've just kinda been "managing" the girls. Being sure they are fed, changed, clean and rested. Trying to get through the day with a semi clean house and some what of my brain left. But this week off left me with nothing to do but focus on getting Taylor better and discovering Rilee.
I love my girls so much. They both have the strongest personalities of any kids their age that I know. They have attitudes that don't quit. When they go head to head, it's kinda funny as they just both yell and scream over the other. But they love each other just as much. Taylor is always calling Rilee "Sweetheart or Honey" and Rilee is constantly following her big sister around. Neither one will eat very good without the other. They have to both be at the table, eating the same thing at the same time. They hate to ride in the car without each other. Baths must happen at the same time or the other gets board. Taylor loves to put her play makeup on Rilee and Rilee loves for Taylor to do it.
These girls are going to be handfuls and fight like crazy, but when all is said and done I really think they are going to grow into beautiful people who have great respect for each other.
I just love my girls!
Homecoming weekend and family bonding
7 years ago

3 comments:
I'm sorry to hear that you've had the sick house going on.
But I am glad to hear that you've also had agreat opportunity for getting to know your daughters even better. (And total kudos for taking advantage of such on opportunity!)
I hope that everyone's healthy soon!
(Also: this was a beautiful post.)
Mandy-Lou, your girls are just beautiful and I know they are lucky to have you as their momma! I miss you guys! I hope to see you this June when we come back for a visit.
I love this post Mandy. It makes me so excited for my baby to grow and to see my 2 girls interact more. I can already see the protective bond big sister has over her baby sis. I think you will only find that deep connection between sisters. Something about us girls. Your daughters are so beautiful. They look a like but are very distinct at the same time. I always knew you and Jason would have the cutest babies!!-Julia
Post a Comment