Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Looks like April 3rd!

Today was our ultrasound. It was so neat to be able to see him this far along. I never had any "growth" ultrasounds with the girls, so this was new for me. He is so cute!! This kid has HUGE cheeks. He's also got his daddy's black people lips! His head and chest area all measured "pretty big" the ultrasound lady said and his leg bones are "really long". Currently he's weighing in at a whopping 8lbs 3oz plus or minus 1.5lbs. He's 90% developed, so we are really close to the end.

I'm pretty sure that they will wait to induce me until the 3rd of April given that he's not weighing in at like 11 lbs or anything outrageous like that. I think we are okay with that. It kinda hit us that we only have 2 weeks max left before we have a BABY! So the lists of things to get done before he comes have begun. You would think we would have had those running alot sooner, but I think we were in denial :)

Well this Young family is super excited to have our baby join us. He's cute, healthy, big and a boy. What more could we ask for?!

11 comments:

emily a. said...

What a relief. I think having a date in sight brings so much relief. I can't wait to see little, I mean big, Alston.

Kari said...

So cool! We're very excited for you 4 (plus 1)!

chelsea said...

oh yeah for babies, hang in there it's almost done! we love big boys around here too...our luke is certainly not a little guy either! i hope everything goes well and really i hope he decides he's done cooking and comes out early for you!

Jessie said...

I love having a boy! Can't wait to see pics :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy!
Been following your blog. I can't believe only 2 weeks left! WOW! Can't wait to see/hear when your little guy is born!
Good luck!
Sarah R

Anonymous said...

Hi Mandy!
Been following your blog. I can't believe only 2 weeks left! WOW! Can't wait to see/hear when your little guy is born!
Good luck!
Sarah R

Melinda said...

that's awesome! i totally know how you're feeling with that hugeness and tiredness and annoyedness when everyone asks "when are you gonna pop that thing out?!"
remember when we were both expecting #1 together and we'd take walks and get ready for it? that was fun. wish i could take walks with you now. but honestly, with this pregnancy, i haven't exercised AT ALL. every free moment i have, i sit by a fan and stare into space.
i'm glad you have a date, can't wait to see what at little young boy will look like!

teri said...

what more could you ask for? that he's got a job? lol

just kidding...i can't wait to see him!

Megan Zimmerman said...

Jason, I am sorry for the way my post sounded. Now that I am out of the drainage phase my head is slightly better, so at least I know that was part of the issue. I do appreciate your taking care of me!

Meghan said...

Congrats on nearing the end! Boys are so much fun, you'll just love it. :) I hope you have a smooth delivery!

Perkes Family said...

Hooray! I will get a pkg off in the mail to you soon. Hopefully in a month or so, when you are ready, I will make the trip on down to see ya!