After a biopsy of her lung it was determined that my mom had Stage IV lung cancer. Since she isn't a smoker it is almost certain that this is metastatic cancer. Tomorrow they are doing some tests to find out the source. The prognosis is not very good. The treatment options available are palliative care or a miracle. While we are all very sad about this we are trying to keep it in perspective. My mom is a wonderful lady who's greatest fault is that she cares about and helps others too much.
If you know my mom, we are trying to gather some thoughts, memories, and recollections of the ways that she has blessed, inspired, and enhanced people's lives. If you care to contribute you can e-mail your thoughts to me at jason_mandy_young@hotmail.com. We will be compiling them and getting them to her.
Homecoming weekend and family bonding
7 years ago

9 comments:
jason and mandy, wow. we are so sorry to hear about this. it's difficult to imagine how you're feeling, but we will be praying for your mom and your whole family. best wishes, melinda and ephraim
I'm so sorry, what a tough time. Your mom is a wonderful woman and I have a story to share. I'll write it down this weekend and send it along.
Oh, Jason! You're mother is a very special lady (spent many high school moments with her while patterning with Tyler), and I know she is so loved by many. Thank you for sharing so she and your family can be in my prayers and thoughts.
Love,
Amy
I got the phone call from my mom this morning via Gina. I wanted to let you know that you guys have been in my prayers and thoughts ever since. I only wish I lived closer so that I could do more. I loved your mom! What a giving sweet woman she is. PLEASE give my love to everyone.
Love,
Rebecca Kent (Wilcken)
Jason...I'm soo sorry! What a shock! We'll have to call you sometime soon. We'll still pray for her daily. What a devasting disease. We miss you guys and love you sooo much and think about you daily. Hang in there ok!
Jason-I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I only wish you and your family comfort as you go through this difficult time. The Lord knows what is best for all of us, so we pray that he will have mercy on your family. All the best to you guys! She as well as you guys are in our thoughts and prayers.
We're so sorry to hear about your Mom, Jason. Hubert & I are praying for her and hoping for the best. Hang in there.
We are so sorry for what your family is going through right now! We will keep praying for your Mom and your family! Let us know if there is anything else we can do!
Post a Comment