Friday, April 10, 2009

Our Little...BIG Man!






He's finally here. Alston Jamaal was born April 3, 2009 at 11:37pm. The inducing process began at 8:30am so it was a long and boring day for me. The girls had preschool and I had scheduled Jason some patients in the morning, so I watched al ot of TV and read magazines while we waited for my body to respond to the potocin. LONG story short, Alston was born weighing 9lbs 10oz and 21.25 inches long. He won the prize for biggest baby that day :)
Currently he is out of the newborn size of clothes and is stretching the 0-3 months...and he's only 1 week old!
My mom was here helping until last night. What a blessing she is! Not only did she take care of me and my family, but she took the night shifts EVERY night. I was one rested mama!! Last night was my first night of getting up with Alston. It went better than I had expected. There's so much anticipation of the unknown when it comes to a newborn and sleeping during the night. Such is life :)

20 comments:

Mama Nirvana said...

Congratulations! I can't imagine what it would be like to have someone else do night shifts. Hopefully that aided in your recovery. He is a beautiful boy!!!

Amy

kg said...

Mandi, he looks just like you!! Congratulations!!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

I am so happy for you! I hope you are recovering well! I couldn't imagine pushing out 9 lbs. That is so funny that he won the biggest baby award. On the other hand our little girl is 7 weeks and is barely at 8 pounds! Haha that is so funny, that is how boys are supposed to be though, right.

The Chambers Family said...

I have been waiting for pictures! So cute! Congrats!

The Chambers Family said...

I have been waiting for pictures! So cute! Congrats!

Peggy Glasmann said...

What a head of hair!! I love it. He is cute and I loved my big babies! Congrats to the whole family. How do the girls like him:?

emily a. said...

He really does look like you. So cute and so chubby. I wish I could snuggle him up.

Perkes Family said...

So handsome!!

Tiffany said...

What a stud! Way to go on pushing out almost a 10 pounder-been there done that, and would rather not do it again! Congrats to you and your family-he's so stinkin cute!

Tiffiny said...

Congratulations, he's gorgeous. And huge!

chelsea said...

oh congratulations, that boy is so cute. luke wore 0-3 month clothes for all of about 3 seconds. i did feel like he looked better in baby clothes because they fit him though. i love big boys, i hope you are enjoying yours!

julie! said...

Congratulations!!! What an adorable baby! Hooray for little boys!

The Shepro's said...

Congrats. You guys are going to love having a boy. Way to go Mama!

Jill said...

Congrats to you and the family! He's adorable! Boys are lots of fun, especially if you already have girls, the contrast is sometimes startling! Enjoy your beautiful baby boy (to go along with your beautiful big girls).

The Moss Family

Meghan said...

Congratulations! He is one handsome baby boy!

ephraim said...

congratulations and good job Mandy. and i bet people brought over newborn diapers too! We have a couple bags of gifted newborn dipes and can't use them. Also, I'm glad you got a boy Jason. It's a totally different game.

Amy said...

Haha! He's a handsome little sport!What fun you'll have and I'm sure Mandy that you're feeling SOOO much better with him on the outside instead of the in. Congrats!

The Perkes Family said...

He is precious! I guess you won't be enjoying a "small" baby for long :) Congratulations!

Alli said...

What a doll! Congratulations :)

Kelly and Tamra said...

I am impressed, 9lbs ... ouch!!!! That was so nice of Freda to help out so much! I might have to plant some of those ideas into my mom's head, especially covering all the night time stuff :-)