Thursday, June 28, 2007

HE DID IT!! HE DID IT!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!

Well Jason did it. He graduated from Chiropractic school. The ceremony was on Saturday the 23rd. I was amazed at the emotions that I felt during the graduation. I was all business leading up to the event. Getting family in town, getting the party prepared (my mom and sister did most/all of the work THANKS), getting us all dressed and downtown in time to find a seat and get settled. Once we were there with plenty of family to play with the girls, I didn't really have much to do other than reflect on the last 5 years that had been leading up to that moment. We had several opportunities for growing together and separately. This school experience was not just one of education for Jason. I had to learn to be more independent than I ever thought I would with two girls. At times I felt like a single mom with some guys laundry that I did every week. Other times, I was amazed at Jason's ability to put us first and his willingness to stay up all night to study just so we could play together in the evening. Jason is blessed with the ability to sit in a class and retain the information that is presented. With a bit of studying, he's able to pull grades that I would have to study countless hours for.
Anyways, back to the graduation day...I had such a sense of pride in my man. Being that Y is almost the last letter of the alphabet, we had to wait what seemed like forever to see him. He looked great dressed in his cap and gown waving at professors and family in the audience. A small lump started in my throat at the thought that this graduation was actually for him. See, he served as the ASB President for 2 years. With this position, we were able to attend many graduations and counted down at each one for when it would be him getting sworn in as a Doctor of Chiropractic. The lump in my throat disappeared as did Jason to the back of the group of graduates. The speeches were awesome. There was no sleepiness at all. Then came time for the regalia. They knelt as it was placed around their neck, then moved to get their diploma. The lump in my throat moved all the way up and out my eyes. I couldn't help it. I still can't. Just thinking of the accomplishment that this is for our family brings tears to my eyes. It was not an easy road for anyone, but WE DID IT! We have been working for this day our entire marriage and we did it!
After the ceremony they had a reception out in the foyer of the auditorium. We posed for lots of pictures and shared lots of hugs and congrats to other graduates and their families. Jason graduated with a great group of docs. If you ever need a chiropractor, I'm sure I know of a great one where ever you may be.
After lunch at Subs on Sandy :) and a party at my folks, the day ended with a Good night Dr. Young.

DR.YOUNG!!! Can you believe it?!?! WOW!! That's Awesome.

There was no way I could hold a camera steady during the ceremony, so I'm waiting for everyone to send me the pics they took. Once I get some, I will post them all for you guys to see!!!

14 comments:

Allanna said...

Congratulations! To you and to Jason!

Wow! We're so thrilled for you!

Sending good wishes for lots of business for Jason (and lots of family time for y'all). ^_^

Kari said...

Yay!!! Good for you all, and especially congrats to Jason! All that hard work and sacrifice paid off! Yay!

Heather said...

Dr. Young! That is awesome. You're gonna have to start paging him over store intercoms to get him used to hearing it outload (Would Dr. Young please report to the candy aisle, stat!)

Tiffany said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! That is so awesome! Your family are some of my favorite people on the planet and I feel very blessed to know all of you. I know I had no part in it all-but I just feel so darn proud of both of you, that I got a little choked up reading that...Congrats, and we love you guys!

Jared and Lydia said...

WOW!!! what a seriously huge accomplishment. Good job to you all. We can't wait to see what the future brings for your family. All I know is that I want to go shopping with you.

Precision Photography said...

You did it!!!! Now to celebrate you can come to Idaho. Congrats Dr.Young and Mrs. Dr. Young :) You guys are going to great where ever you are and we will miss you where ever you are!! We love you all!

kg said...

Congratulations Jason! What a great accomplishment. I have been contimplating going to a chiropractor, wish you were in Alabama!

I've enjoyed seeing your family and catching up through your blog.

Kim G.

Mama Nirvana said...

Congrats, Jason and Family! I am hoping that soon you will be reaping the benefits of your labors. It was so nice to chat with both of you yesterday!

Amy

chelsea said...

Congratulations you guys... could anything be more exciting for you right now?? Great job Dr. Young, but Mandy really I know it was just as hard for you... CONGRATULATIONS!!

A. Simpson said...

Wow you really worded everything perfectly. I remember I started crying also and thought, "What the...??!! Why am I crying??! I was so emotional and it was so unexpected. It really is an accomplishment for us wives also. I should've warned you, the waterworks definetly come with such a feeling of pride!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to both of you!!! I like Heather's idea of paging him on the grocery store intercom. Are coming to the U2 reunion in Corvallis. If not (or even if you are) we should get together sometime...send me an email (dianabaumgartner@hotmail.com)

-Diana

Shonda said...

Congrats you guys!! Way Cool!!
It has to feel good to be done. Unfortunatly now you have to start working;) I may have to set a appoinment with you sooner than later now. The tool bags start to get heavy after a while.

Congrats again!!

Tyler B.

DanielDodge said...

I heard the good news through the Dodge network....but reading your account makes it so much better hearing it first hand! Congrats to both of you. Another exciting chapter begins!
Love,
Daniel

Cathie said...

Congratulations! I got a link to your blog, from Heather's blog (who responded to my blog, which I'm still not quite sure how she found, but probably the same way I found yours). I had no idea you were in chiropractic school--I saw your mom in April but we talked about other things. But congrats! We live in Boston, I'm about to start a fellowship in Pediatric anesthesia and then we're off to pay time back to the Air Force. Hope all goes well starting your practice! Cathie Tingey Jones