Here's some text from an e-mail Jason had written to an old family friend:
My mom passed away this morning at 5:45. She had been diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer in February and we enjoyed 5 wonderful months with her. She went very peacefully and, we think, in little if any pain. She was surrounded by her children which is exactly what she wanted. She was ready to go in every way.
We will be holding funeral services for her. The tentative date is Thursday July, 31 at 9AM in Corvallis, OR. One of Mom's missions in life was the health and welfare of my brother Tyler. She asked that people make memorial donations to an organization called Camp Attitude in her honor. This is a very special camp for people with disabilities and it has been immensely valuable for Tyler. Their contact information may be found on this web site: http://www.campattitude.com.
Although we are all saddened by our loss we can help but celebrate her life and feel great relief that she is at peace. My family is doing very well.
For those of you that know the Young's, you know how strong each of them are individually. Collectively they are a powerhouse. Although they morn the loss of their wife, mother, grandmother and friend, they know exactly where Bev is and that she is so happy. As the title states, she is free at last.
May we all live our lives, as Bev did, in a way that will allow us to return to live with our Father in Heaven and all our family who are awaiting our return!
Homecoming weekend and family bonding
7 years ago

12 comments:
Oh my gosh Jason I am so sorry to hear!!! My heart just aches for you and your family. What a brave person you are! Take care and may the Lord be with you at this difficult time!
Hugs,
The Goodman Family
I am sorry for your loss. I'm glad Jason's family is blessed with an eternal perspective. May the Lord bless you and your family with comfort, as I am sure she will be greatly missed.
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. What a blessing it is to have the gospel and to know that you'll be with her again!
Deena Ditto
Last night a friend was over visiting and we started talking about our thoughts about visiting or guardian angels and how we've had experiences confirm to us that the veil is so thin. I didn't share in detail but vaguely the blessing you, Jason, gave me years ago. That blessing did and still does mean so much to me. Remember?
When I read this I got so teary but then thought about these angels and the many on the other side that love you and your family so much. I'm sure you all have constant companions right now and that your mom is so excited to watch after you and your girls now in this way. I hope you can feel their comforting hugs.
You're all in my prayers.
I heard the news from my mom this afternoon--I am sorry to hear of the loss but heard that you all had a lovely day at the coast recently with your mom. I learned many things from her and am glad I had the opportunity to know her. My thoughts are with your family.
Cathie Tingey Jones
That was beautifully written and so true. We are truly sorry for your loss. You are and always will be in our prayers. We wish we could be there for you. Just know that we are huggin you from all the way up here! Love you guys!
Thank you for sharing. There is no doubt about the strength of the Young family and the inspiration your mother has been to so many people.You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
We just heard of the news this evening, and send our love and prayers to your amazing family. Your mom has touched many people and just think of all the hard work she will be able to do on the other side, touching so many more individuals. You are a strong family and this will only bring you closer. Take care and may the Lord bless you to get through the hard times to come. We miss you guys,
Love The Tucker's
Jason, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your mother was an amazing person, and I know you will miss her so much. I'm happy to hear of your strength at this time. Please know I am thinking of you.
Love,
Amy
We are sorry to hear about your loss and are thinking of your family. I have a beautiful memory of your mom, when we recently moved into 1st ward from the U ward I was sitting in RS and she quietly slipped me the sweetest note welcoming me and left her phone number. I kept it in my scriptures for the longest time. I hope you are able to celebrate her life with much joy this week!
Love,
Kim & Mark Greenfield
I'm sorry too. Death is never easy... May the Lord comfort you.
We're sending hugs to you.
Post a Comment