Saturday, November 17, 2007

Birthdays and Halloween - Young Style

First of all, I'm feeling MUCH better. I'm not actually sure what I had, but boy it sure had a hold on me for almost an entire week. YUCK!!! Anyways, thanks so much for all the well wishes and suggestions on things to help me feel better. I have the greatest friends!!

Okay, back to playing catch up on the blog.

October 29th was Jason's 30th Birthday. He had a VERY memorable birthday :). We celebrated by going to a Bounce House for a three year old's birthday. The boy is one of Jason's favorites so he's happy to share the day with him. However I don't think the bounce house is how he wanted to celebrate his own big day. Don't let him fool you though, he had a BLAST!! At one point I had to take Rilee to the bathroom and came back to no husband. After searching the groups of adults with no luck I hear him yelling through an obstacle course. TOO FUN!!
Once we were finished with cake and ice cream at the bounce house we headed to my folks for an early thanksgiving dinner with my sister, nephew and niece. Jessica left on her mission the next morning, so she wanted to have some of mom's famous stuffing before she was off to Argentina for the next year and a half. Taylor was having some asthma issues so Jason decided that she needed to lay off the sugar for the night. This meant no cake for her....meaning no cake for us either. I had made Jason his favorite cake for dessert and he couldn't even have anything for fear that Taylor would freak out. What a good dad to give up his birthday cake!


We finally did something to celebrate though. A few couples joined us for a couples only dinner at Claim Jumper. We had a blast!! We seriously have some of the best friends around!!!

The Ore Cart
The Hewlett's
The Mollenhauer's
The Perkes
The Birthday Boy and Me Yes, Please!
Now on to Halloween. When Jason gets an idea, I mean a really good idea, he runs wild with it. Well this Halloween he had one of those ideas. It was a sort of progressive dinner idea with a Toddler Halloween party. Thus was born "Tuxedo Toddler Bash" where 17 kids and their parents turn out for an evening of fun!!

We had 5 apartments here in the complex that hosted one or two activities. We all started here with a cake walk and pictures. Jason set up a Halloween backdrop and everything. They all turned out super cute. After our house we split up into two groups. One went to a house where you could paint pumpkins and the other went to a home where there was a "who could mummify your parent the fastest?" and a "candy corn relay". After switching homes after about 20 min we all trick-o-treated our way to the next two homes. One in which a "scary" story was being told that taught the kids to NEVER sneak out of the house. The other house had the traditional fishing game in which they all caught these darling treat bags. They also had the "eat the dough nut off the string" game.






Can you imagine what a blast that was for these little kids!! The parents had lots of fun too. I was so impressed with how well this party turned out.


The kids were so cute all dressed up and even some of the parents joined in!! Jason and I were Bella and Edward from the Twilight series. I got off easy with flannel p.j.'s (she spends lots of time in these in the books) and Jason was in jeans and a button down shirt, face painted white and fangs. TOO FUNNY!!


Anyways, we have had a blast since Jason has been home from his trips!! I think we are finally recovered and ready to rock and roll on Jason next idea...THE CLINIC!!!


Mandy

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Loved it all! Dinner was fab, the company was fabber! The halloween party was a blast and the blow up party was hysterical and I have the pics to prove it! Remind me to send them to you after I get them off my sis's camera...

Joel and Kristie said...

I'm glad your all better!And good luck on the Clinic, it's tons of fun! That is if ours ever gets finished!!HEHE!!

Joel and Kristie said...

Oh and Happy late Birthday Jason!!!

Allanna said...

And here, I thought that you might have Jason glitter up his face and be "Edward in the sunlight."

And good for you, getting a nice comfy Halloween costume. Nice!

You're too good, forgoing that cake. I would have just put it up until the kiddos were in bed. Then, once that obstacle is out of the way ... it's sugar-time!

Jessie said...

that cake looks so yummy!! lol

Jared and Lydia said...

I think you passed the illness on to us. Ender was up all night throwing up last night. Jared took the first shift and I had the second.

You guys are just having too much fun with all the b-days and Halloween. We are totally in on the progressive Halloween party this next year.

So glad to hear that you are feeling better.

We are heading back home to Corvallis in the beginning of Feb. Can't wait to see the clinic and your cute little girls.

The Johnston's said...

YEAH!!! SIcko is better!! I can't wait to see the blueprints Dr. Young! So sad we couldn't be at that "adults only" dinner. :( We'll have to have another one before we leave...like a goodbye bash or something. Get Jason on that one since he's the one with all the awesome ideas! :D

The Perkes Family said...

That sounds like so much fun! Are you guys having all this fun without us on purpose? You were totally holding out when we were there....not that you weren't fun :) Miss you guys!