So my mom got to come home from the hospital yesterday. Trust me she was more than ready to get out of there. Now we start the long process of recovery. We did a thorough cleaning of her house to eliminate any dust that would hurt her lungs. We had a hospital bed and various breathing equipment delivered as well. I think that being out of the hospital will be a huge boost from her in large part because now she can watch movies on her 60" plasma rather than a dinky 10"x10" LCD panel. :)
Yesterday we showed up in a stretch limo to pick her up from the hospital. She was really surprised and kept saying, "This is insane. This is insane." I found out on the way home that this was her first limo ride ever. We had all of the kids and grandkids in there with her (maybe that's what she though was insane.)
Thanks to all of you who have fasted and prayed. She always comments that she can feel all of the love and support. She feels like her condition is improving too. SO IT'S WORKING! Also thanks to those of you who have left comments for her or for us. We feel so blessed to have good friends who support us. We will gladly return the favor when you are in need. Thanks to those of you who have read but are not the type to post a comment or send an e-mail but have spared a kind thought on our behalf. I believe that makes a difference too. The people who have written messages for my mom: I have compiled what I have so far and I will be delivering those to her tonight.
Ok.... Time to get to work.
Homecoming weekend and family bonding
7 years ago

8 comments:
Hey Jason & Mandy,
Just found this blog and am sorry to read of the recent health issues for your Mom, but glad to hear that she is now home and in her comfort zone with such strong family and friends around her. She will be in my thoughts, as will both of you and the rest of your family. If there is anything I can do from PDX, please just let me know.
Best Wishes
Andrea Herrst
Jason,
My daughter, Nancy, sent me the address to your blog today. Yesterday Stacy (Mayne) Worth also told me of your mom's recent diagnosis. I appreciate the faith and hope that you are feeling and demonstrating. It is the powere that heals and creates miracles. I loved the idea of the Limo-how perfect. I will send an email to your mom. Congratulations on you opening.
Love as ever,
Margaret Worth
Awww! How sweet picking your mom up in a limo! I would freak out too! Glad to hear she is home now..it's always more comfortable at home, especially with a HUGE tv. :)
That was such a sweet way to pick her up from the hospital! I'm glad she is home and that she is feeling better! Love you guys!
Hi Jason & Mandy,
I found your blog from Julia and Cam's. I am so sorry to hear about your mom, she will be in our thoughts and prayers. I know she has a wonderful family to support her!
Congrats on the new business!!! I know Libby loves it there, I wish I was closer so I could schedule weekly massages! Everything is wonderful here, Jacob is getting so big (almost 6 months) and Nathan is working like crazy, but he loves his job in Seattle as a project engineer.
You have a beautiful family, the girls are just precious. I loved looking at their pictures and catching up. I miss you guys!
Love,
Jessica Connaway (Bailey)
So shocking to read about this on your blog! She's such a strong woman, it really sounds like she's battling it with the right attitude and lots of love and support. Please give her my best. We'll keep her in our prayers.
From Scott Lashmett's Mom....
Hi Jason and Mandy.
I just heard today, from Amber, about your Mom, Jason. I'm so sorry to hear about her, cancer is such a crummy disease. I pray that things will go well for her and that you all have the strength to deal with what the Lord presents to you.
Life is sometimes not fair but many times unknown things result that one would never have thought could happen.
My thoughts are with you....
"Mom" Lashmett
I just got on to your blog as well. I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I was glad to read she is feeling better and she is able to be home. You are so thoughtful to do the limo thing. You guys always have great ideas. Your family will be in our prayers as well. We miss you!
Post a Comment